Senior Regulatory Lawyer
Position: Senior Regulatory Lawyer
Report to: General Counsel
Ascent Industries is seeking an experienced Senior Regulatory Lawyer to work collaboratively with the General Counsel in supporting the organization in strategic business endeavors and regulatory compliance in the cannabis industry. The Regulatory Lawyer will be responsible for compliance with federal and provincial cannabis laws, rules and regulations, and provide sound legal advice pertaining to dealings with federal and provincial regulatory bodies. The legal professional will have extensive experience in dealing with Health Canada and other governmental agencies, preferably in the area of cannabis.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and provide sound legal and regulatory advice to the Executive team and Senior leaders;
- Conduct analyses and communicate findings of regulatory obligations;
- Lead regulatory submissions and license amendments with all relevant provincial and federal regulatory bodies;
- Ensure compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements pertaining to cannabis and the relevant regulatory bodies, acts and regulations;
- Engage in filing best practices and uphold the highest level of professionalism; and
- Provide support to Legal Counsel on legal cases and projects as required.
- Knowledge regarding the process of approving, developing, testing and commercializing products; experience working with pharmaceuticals considered a strong asset;
- Exceptional understanding of the regulations in the cannabis industry;
- Solid research and analytical skills to assess and recommend solutions; capable of identifying regulatory risks and opportunities;
- Strong transactional and drafting skills;
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal; capable of communicating with various stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability and experience analyzing complex regulatory issues;
- Ability to communicate complex issues across various levels of the organization, provide advice and recommend course of action; and
- Ability to drive regulatory issues to a quick resolution.
Other Qualifications and Experience:
- 10+ years of progressive experience as a Regulatory Lawyer handling complex regulatory compliance matters;
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of British Columbia; call and admission to the bar; and
- Bachelor’s Degree of Law; Master’s strongly preferred.
Ascent Industries values a diverse workforce and encourages all interested applicants to apply. Those candidates whose skills and qualifications fit the role requirements will be further considered and contacted. Candidates chosen for employment will be required to undergo background and reference checks.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Ascent Industries!APPLY NOW